Copyright 2019 Han Furnée fotografie Amsterdam
• Plan for your photo shoot; make sure you’re well rested so you look your best.
• Avoid having your picture taken with an overly tanned or sunburnt face.
• You’re responsible for your own make up. Remember the old adage: less is more!
• Clean teeth will make your smile look even better.
• Gentlemen: if you’re having your picture done in the morning, it’s best to shave the night before.
• Spend some time choosing your outfit. Wear clothes you feel comfortable in but keep your position and company image in mind.
• A profile picture is not seasonal. Bear this in mind when choosing what to wear.
• Wearing a jacket can give your photo a more business-like tone.
• Plain fabrics are preferable to busy patterns. They are easier on the eye and come across as more formal than prints, patterns and slogans.
• Choice of colour is very important, especially for jackets and shirts. Bright colours may be eye-catching but can detract from your face.
• Make sure not to show too much cleavage. Perhaps bring a necklace or a scarf to be on the safe side.
• Long, dark hair on dark clothing does not come out well in photographs. The same goes for long, blonde hair on light coloured clothes.
Let someone else take a look at your outfit beforehand. If you’re in doubt and would like some advice you can always email me a picture.